Wednesday 29 August 2007

Odds 'n Ends

Done some bits and pieces but nothing very productive?

I fitted the propshaft but only have temporary bolts in at the minute as GD were out of stock of the correct bolts. It was a bit of a Chinese puzzle with very little room for manoeuvre. It would be much easier if you hadn't fitted the T piece for the rear brakes - note for people who've not got this far yet!

I have also fitted the oil cooler take off plate - however the extension screw was about 4mm too long so the threads bottomed out before the take off plate and spacer were tight - out with the hacksaw and the files it was!

I was then able to start laying out the braided hose and oil stat to get an idea of where the pipework is going to run - hmmmm I wonder if I've put the header tank overflow in the wrong place?

I've ordered my Accusump and other associated plumbing today so that should be here in time for the weekend so hopefully I should be able to sort out the pipe runs then. I think I will have to trim the pipes from the take off to cooler and also probably fabricate a fancy bracket for the oil stat.

On the subject of parts expected shortly, there should be a new clutch slave bracket on its way from Repower - hopefully that'll be the clutch sorted once and for all then.

1 Comment:

Andy said...

Hate to worry you but shouldnt there be a block plate to stop stuff getting on your flywheel? - Sorry!