Saturday 1 September 2007

Brackets and Bits

Seem to have spent most of the weekend trying to figure out how and where to install the Accusump and its associated plumbing. One thing I certain of is that I am glad I got the 2 quart model and not the three quart one - there's no way that would fit!
Anyway, eventually I found a promising set up and after a lot of measuring and cardboard templates I managed to produce some CAD drawings of the two brackets I'll need:


Hmmmmm..... not obvious is it! I've got a couple of enquiries out with some water cutting companies for getting them made from 2mm mirror or polished stainless steel. It should all become clearer when they are fitted!

Did some other odd jobs:

  • "Adjusted" the plug wire guides so that they actually fitted in the engine bay with an allowance for engine movement.
  • Mocked up the rear exhaust link pipes and drilled the diff rear bracket for the exhaust bracket.
  • Made up a gear shift extension so I can measure up for the hole in the tunnel top sheet.
  • Fitted an additional fuel pipe fixing in-lieu of the one I had to remove because it fouled the gearbox!

This week I should be getting a replacement clutch slave bracket so hopefully that side of things should be sorted soon.

0 Comments: