Sunday 25 January 2009

Electrical Test

Plugged the dash in - connected up the umbilical to the tin-top and ........

......... no electrical faults!

Looks like Andy wins a prize!!

I only found two unrelated faults: 1 - I had broken the O/S repeater bulb when fitting the lens. 2- Only one of the twin Air horns works? - air problem rather than electrical.

Here's the evidence:

So now I really should get a battery whilst I can still start the tin-top. Then, with no more need for the umbilical (and if I cobble up a gearstick and get my hands on a Vectra steering wheel) it should be able to move under it's own power for the first time.

Time for a garage tidy up now!

2 Comments:

Andy said...

Brilliant! I knew it would all work and that motor sounds great. You really are heading towards that SVA now.

Tell me though, have your wipers taken inspiration from Camberwick Green? I can just see Windy Miller stood there as they cycle dah dah da da clunk!! ;)

STR said...

LOL!

It does sound bad doesn't it.... it's the blades sticking on the screen! I need to clean it.

I am particulalry pleased with the electrics as it was never my strong point - just goes to show if you are quite anal about it and triple check everything then you should be Ok (oh... and thanks again for your help with thr intermittertent relay!)