Thursday 10 April 2008

Main Body Loom - 4

Time to finish off fitting the main body loom. I tidied up the section where it emerges into the engine bay with a couple of p-clips a la GD. I then spent the best part of an hour getting the large grommet to fit!. I had made things worse for myself as my additions to the engine loom meant that there were more wires passing through the grommet and therefore less flexibility in the grommet:

A single p-clip tidied things up a bit in the boot although there are still a lot of wires to run yet. I'm going to leave these until I fit the lights, fuel pump etc.
I wired up the horn to include connectors easily accessible at the top rather than fishing around underneath once the body is on:
The twin fans have a connector each, but there is only one connector on the supply from the loom so two had to become one:
Not much left to do now before the body is fitted!! So the next batch of parts has been ordered for collection mid may and will include: fuel tank, steering column, lights, dashboard loom, dashboard and roll bars.

0 Comments: