Saturday 26 April 2008

Preparing for Body Fitting - 2

Found some time to prep and paint the other lower sill - that's both of 'em done now: Having received a consignment of jack-nuts the other day it was time to turn my attention to fixing the wheelarch compartment panels. The jack-nuts were fitted into a rebated hole: Six jack-nuts were fitted - 3 per side:
Whilst I was at it I also fitted jack-nuts to the footwell extension panel:
4mm thick closed cell neoprene rubber was then fixed to the extension panel with impact adhesive:
I then trial fitted the extension panel to check it was sealed (high powered torch in the footwell - turn out the garage lights - and look for light coming through from the engine bay side):

I then removed the extension panel as it will foul the chassis when fitting the body. You can only fit it once the body has been fitted.

The same 4mm neoprene foam was stuck to the inside of the wheelarch panel:That's the offside panel done - just the nearside one left to do.

I now need to think about mustering the troops to get the body on. There are few small jobs left to do over the next few days but essentially I am more or less ready for the body to be fitted.

Oh..... nearly forgot.... I painted the battery tray as well!

0 Comments: