Monday 23 June 2008

More Lights and Exhausts

Fitted the last of the lights tonight - the reversing light and the fog light. I carefully marked the position of the lights to get them centred - but when I fitted the exhaust tail pipes it soon became obvious that the exhausts were off centre by about an inch or so. So there was nothing for it but to crawl underneath and slacken of the rear rubber hanger - pull the exhaust across with a ratchet strap and tighten it all up again - oh for a four poster lift!! The next problem was the length of the tailpipes:A bit too long - OK if you have the rear nudge bar fitted - but I'm not going to have one. So - out with the grinder and 2" was lopped off the tailpipes:Much better:
Now looking at this picture I think I still need to move the exhaust to nearside a bit more - don't know how much adjustment is left??

With all the lights fitted and can now finish off the loom in the boot - tomorrows job.

Note: This foglight will not pass SVA as it does not have a parabolic reflector - so I'll have to come up with a temporary SVA fix.

0 Comments: