Sunday 15 June 2008

More Lights

I decided to continue fitting the lights - this time at the rear - the idea being that this allows me to finish off all the electrical looms,


It seemed to take a long time to fit the four rear lights but this was mainly due to taking my time to ensure both sides were level and spaced the same:
Next I thought I would fit the number plate light,,,, easier said than done! The cable for the light has to run between the two boot lid skins along the strengthening rib. First of all it has to pass through the hinge and into the boot lid (remove the hinge whilst propping the boot lid so you can take it off to drill the holes):
For the life of me I could not get my cable puller pushed all the way round the strengthening rib as the corners were too tight. So I had to resort to what the factory do and drill two holes in the corners:
When done a grommet soon tidies the holes up:
You will need to remove the boot latch to help feed the cable. I found my cable needed extending and the boot latch hole was a convenient place to do this.

I drilled the holes for the fixing bolts on the outer skin but drilled a bigger hole on the inner skin. This allows enough room to get a socket in to tighten the fixing:
And when you are done two more grommets again make it a tidy job:

So there goes another day in the garage - slow progress - but I'm finding it takes longer doing these kind of things as it will be obvious if something is not level or doesn't match across the car.

0 Comments: