Sunday 14 September 2008

Plodding on........

Still waiting for a call re: windscreen...... in the meantime I've made a little progress.


I've fitted the throttle cable using a universal throttle cable from Venhill. These cables have a separate Teflon liner to reduce friction.... plus you can get them in different colours:
For future reference... a standard M6 quick release carb fitting fits nicely onto the Edelbrock throttle arm stud. I had to change the throttle return springs as the standard ones were a bit too strong. The throttle pedal has a nice smooth action with no jerkiness.... shame I'm missing some electrics and a fuel connection.....would be nice to start the engine again.

Please excuse the milk container - it is holding the ends of the braided fluid hoses to avoid drips. I wasn't going to connect then until after the steering column was fitted just give a bit of room.

I have also been thinking ahead regarding the dash layout and the wiring amendments required to incorporate my preferences and existing changes I have made:

Firstly changes to the dash wiring:

And then the installation of the Mallory HyFire Unit (A digital version of the MSD 6AL):Ultimately my intention is to combine all the these separate diagrams with the GD wiring diagrams to provide a single diagram for the whole car.

2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Am enjoying immencely following your progress, and feel your frustration when you're held up, like waitng for the windscreen! Can't wait to start my own Cobra, but it will be Ford powered

STR said...

Hello there in Oz!

I suppose I should count myself lucky as it is the only real hold up so far in the build!

It may be time to tackle painting the air cleaner!!!

Cheers,

Simon.