Saturday 25 October 2008

Fuel System Complete!

I feel like I've achieved something today at long last! I bought 5 litres of unleaded at the disgracefully low price of 93.4p a litre and bunged it into the tank through the filler. I rigged up a 12volt supply to the pump and pumped the fuel out of the tank and back into the jerrycan - no leaks.

I took the filter element out and checked for any muck from the bottom of the tank - but there was none. All that time spent cleaning the tank out was worth it then.

I then connected the rubber fuel hose to the hard line on the chassis - I just need a 16mm p-clip to the underside of the boot floor to secure it (got none left!):

I then connected the pump again and the pressure regulator at the carb showed 6 psi - spot on - and no leaks: I left the pump running for 10 minutes against the pressure of the carb and still no leaks -Job Done!

Now if I get depressed it should only take a couple of hours to rig up the electrics so I would be able to hear that V8 once more!!

Whilst I was in the boot I finished off the roll bar grommets (you should remember these from an earlier post) bonded them into place and sealed round with sikaflex:


I've lost track of the number of times that the roll hoops and been fitted and removed, I think I can do it in my sleep now!! Tomorrow may see a start on the boot carpeting - once I've sorted out the big box of carpet pieces!

2 Comments:

Andy said...

Cracking on nicely!

STR said...

Thanks Andy,

Just been in the garage and still no smell of petrol!