Wednesday 25 March 2009

SVA Passed!!!

Woke up to find no rain.... a good start. Short but enjoyable drive there. Surprisingly the car drove true (straight line with hands off the wheel) with no tracking faults. Just goes to show what can be achieved with a laser level, some bits of wood and metal and a calculator!

Here's a picture of the "Daft Hat Squad" just before we got told off for taking photo's - a good start to the test: And in under three hours it was all over.

The Tester, Dave, was a top bloke and Warren and I laughed and joked with him throughout the entire test.

There were only three issues:

1) The emissions were way off - but a quick twiddle of the mixture screws and it was sorted.

2) One of the bolts on the lower steering UJ was just grazing the stainless steel bottom hose link pipe - something I never spotted. I was allowed to tie this back on the proviso I fixed it when I got home and everything had cooled down.

3) Just scraped the noise test at 100.8 dB - and that's with underslungs and a balance box!

Drove home the longer way..... in the spring sunshine...... I now know what these cars are all about!

I didn't even get to eat my packed lunch..... back in the house before 12!

And after 2 1/2 years here is what it was all for:

4 Comments:

Andrew C said...

Congratulations!!!

Just goes to show the time and effort you put in to this fine build. Well done.

Like the banner change to "Driving", made me chuckle ;o)

Let's hope for some more good weather for you to get out there and enjoy it.

Anonymous said...

Well done, with the quality of what you have achieved, I expected no less. I expect a visit no to annoy the neighbours and scare the cats. Sam also says well done and whhheeeeehhhhheeeee.

Robin

Andy said...

Excellent. Well done that man!!

Unknown said...

Congrats! There was never a doubt in my mind you'd pass. Enjoy the driving mate!