Thursday 28 December 2006

More Painting

Painted all the remaining components for the rear-nearside today in one go. It gets a bit tricky over coating black on black to ensure complete coverage- especially when the existing coat has quite a high gloss. I had solved this problem with a cheapo LED head torch this shows up the fresh coat you are applying quite nicely.




So that's all the components for the rear refurbished and painted. I'll leave the paint to cure for a couple of days - remove the masking tape, fit new grease nipples and pack away with the parts for the offside. All I need now are the reconditioned and new parts back from Wards and I can start re-assembly. I must remember to ring them next week and find out how they are getting on - they did say at the time that no news would be good news - but no news at all?


I suppose now I need to prepare myself for tackling the front suspension and hubs - I don't think there will be as much prep and painting although there are more, but smaller, parts - probably end up being a bit fiddly. I also need to get all the old grease out of the hubs - nice.

0 Comments: