Wednesday 27 December 2006

No Man's Land -

You know the place - that time between Boxing Day and New Year. Thought it was time to crack on with the prep and painting for the other side of the rear. Had already painted the lower wishbone but decided I was gonna paint all the rest in one sitting to save time (and paintbrushes - don't seem able to get them clean so it's new ones each time) Just before Christmas I had stripped all the parts so today it was a matter of final cleaning and degreasing.





I use hot water all the time now - mainly it means that all the parts dry pretty quickly with being warm - it also means that the passivation process from the acid etching doesn't take so long either. But perhaps more importantly - as it's about zero degrees in my garage at the minute it's much more bearable on the hands! Which reminds me - I best leave the prepared parts in the house overnight to warm up ready for painting tomorrow - it's just a little too cold for the paint.

I've also been tinkering with the blog and added some more links (needed to set up my own website as a repository for all the info). I've also added a webcam! not bad for a net-virgin. At the moment it aimlessly stares out of the study window - It will be moved into the garage and the plan is to provide a time-lapse animation of the build. Perhaps a little ambitious? ...... we'll see. It's either going to be a looooong USB cable (which might not work) or a wireless webcam (which might not work either)!


0 Comments: