Monday 15 October 2007

Preparing for Engine Start - 1

Right then..... the day is on the horizon when it will be time to start the engine.

I am currently waiting for my friendly blacksmith to make up the bracket for the fuel pressure regulator (he's a bit busy at the moment!). So continuing on the theme of the fuel supply I've temporarily mounted the fuel pump and filter (as these go in the boot at the end of the day):However there still remains quite a few things to do (and odd bits to buy). I'm putting the list here to remind me!

  • Fit Oil Cooler and fill cooler and pipework (need 2 No. 60 degree Aeroquip fittings, a 3/8 BSP Blanking Plug and some oil!).
  • Fill Gearbox (need oil).
  • Fit fuel pressure regulator and plumb in carb (need bracket & 90 degree -6 hose end).
  • Plumb in Fuel Pump / Filter (need some 3/8 fuel hose and hose clips and some 3/8 NPT hose barbs)
  • Block off Carb Servo Vacuum Port (need blanking plug but don't know what size?)
  • Fit the heater hoses and connect together to provide a flow path (no heater yet!)
  • Fill the cooling system with coolant

Then comes the interesting bit - the temporary electrical system!!

I'm going to need:

  • Rev Counter (altered for MSD control box output), Oil Pressure Gauge / Sender , Water Temp Gauge / Sender
  • Jump Leads
  • Assorted Wiring

And I'm going to have to fit:

  • MSD Ignition Control Box (too many wires!)
  • Coil
  • Main Battery / Starter Cables
  • Earthing Strap

And not forgetting all the things I've just forgotten.

Shouldn't be long...... watch this space

0 Comments: