Tuesday 16 December 2008

Windscreen in / out shake it all about!

Well, the windscreen came out from the stanchions so the stanchions could be sealed with silicone where they enter the body and the escutcheon plates added:

Whilst the windscreen was off the centre stay and bracket were fixed before the whole lot was re-assembled for the last time:
The bracket and centre stay will drive you mad - you will need to "modify" a screw driver, a spanner and an allen key in order to reach the pretty inaccessible screws. Fit everything to the screen first before re-fitting it.

Next I ran the engine again so the Accusump could be fettled and the electronic fan controller adjusted. All done with no probs - fan comes on at 90 and goes off at 85 - tested it for a couple of cycles - the fans need 2 and half minutes to get the temp down. For once it was nice and warm in the garage!
I then decided it was time to test the wipers - in particular the intermittent wipe function that had me stumped before. As mentioned earlier Andy had pointed me in the right direction after my first abortive attempt.

Thanks Andy! - Works a treat -I even get three "free wipes" with the screen wash!!

(Ignore the position of the wiper - it needs fettling yet)

And finally - I've sent off my SVA application with a request for a test on or after 25th March (A bit early but I wanted to get it in before the end of February Deadline.

The clock is ticking now!

Oh.... see if you can spot the deliberate mistake with the wipers!!!!

1 Comment:

Andy said...

Top job, glad it worked out OK. Now dont loose the part numbers! I have a feeling somebody might be needing those in the future!