Sunday 24 February 2008

Doh! and double Doh!!

I was looking at the photo of the clutch remote bleed and something didn't seem quite right:

The fitting appeared to be slightly on the skew - look at the relationship between the bottom nut and the washer - there was a reason for this:
Doh!..... new fitting ordered. This probably happened because I couldn't get my head under the chassis to see what I was doing... I'll jack it up next time.

Next I decided to finish off the gearbox wiring harness. The reverse selector switch (on the left) and the neutral switch (on the right) were fitted with into a 4 way socket and plugged into the loom: The last remaining item on the gearbox harness was the connection for the speedo output. Now the word on the street has always been that the female connector for the TKO gearbox is difficult to source. However I got one easily from Real Steel for just 11 quid including postage!You will notice that only one pin has been fitted to the wires. The reason for this is that I knocked the bag with my last remaining two pins on the floor. In the meantime the dog ran off into the garden with it and when I retrieved the bag it was empty...Doh! I had a look round the garden but these pins are very small.... so some spares ordered!
The last thing on the list for today was to fit and connect the oil pressure safety switch for the electric fuel pump. Straightforward to fit, but I couldn't connect it up as I didn't have the right size ring terminals.... so some more bits ordered.So that's three simple jobs to finish off next week when I get the bits and pieces.

2 Comments:

Andy said...

Well spotted! Better than a leak later on.

If it were me I might be tempted to move the cable securing the gearbox harness a bit further up away from the coupler. The coupler will move about a fair bit and the short length of harness is going to take the full bending stress. May. be better to allow more cable to move and hence reduce the stress? Just a thought.
Good find on the gearbox coupler from Real Steel.

STR said...

Good point chap, on the to-do list!