Wednesday 20 February 2008

Throttle Bracket

Had been looking for decent throttle bracket (with return springs) for a while but Andy beat me to it with one from JEGS in the states - it looked good - so I ordered one for myself! First job was to remove the air cleaner to get access - it was a bit cramped as I was working under the body - it was far too cold to open the garage door to push the body back a bit! The main part of the bracket was bolted over the carb fixings - the existing carb fixing bolts were more than long enough for the job:

The standard GD throttle cable fits in the slot in the bracket - tightening the two locknuts on the cable adjuster barrel should be OK to hold it in place:
However, as there is a 3/16 tapped hole in the front of the bracket I made up a little retaining plate so even if the cable came loose it couldn't jump out of the bracket:
And here it all is assembled:

Only problem I can forsee is that it now takes quite a bit of effort to operate the throttle as the two return springs are quite hefty and I'm a little concerned that the nipple may strip off the cable at the pedal end (as it is quite a small one). I'll have to see how it feels when the pedal box is fitted - I may have to remove one of the springs.

Speaking of pedal boxes, mine together with the heater and various other bits should have been ready by now?... time to give GD a ring.

0 Comments: