Tuesday 25 March 2008

Main Body Loom - 1

Time for some more dreaded electrics!!

First step was to incorporate the amendments needed to the main body loom due to the changes I made in the engine bay loom:
I mocked up the loom first (hence the masking tape) before feeding the wires trough the required conduit. Step by step - checking everything twice with a multimeter:
After a lot of fiddling around it was eventually completed - the red cable ties are temporary - and are red to me remind me of this!: The next step was to start fitting the loom to the body. Hmmmmm.... this is where things took a turn for the worse. There is not a lot of room to work inside the body (even with nothing in it) and it was a bit like trying to wrestle with an elephant's trunk whilst upside down in the footwell!Things are roughly in place but I had had enough for one night! Tomorrow I'll fix the relays in place (more gymnastics required) and also the fusebox (need to file out the opening a bit first).

0 Comments: