Thursday 27 March 2008

We Have a Clutch!!

Collared my neighbour tonight - a litre of fluid later - a working clutch! (The clutch action is actually very smooth - in the video my neighbour appears to have developed a wobbly leg - probably due to all the pedal pumping I made him do!)

The remote bleed nipple worked a treat. No Leaks. Just over 40mm travel at the slave. Clutch fully releases 2/3 of the way down (when pushing the chassis with it in gear).

The pedal is heavier than my tin top but not too heavy. In fact it was lighter than I was expecting. It will probably feel even lighter when sat in a proper seat and not sat on two bits of wood!

I'll have to bleed the clutch again as I'll have to undo the pressure hose to fit the body - no big deal and I reckon it was still better doing it this way with the body off.

Fingers crossed for a similar success with the brakes at the weekend

0 Comments: