Friday 14 March 2008

Pedal Box - Measuring Up

Today I thought I would try and measure up for fitting the pedal box. To do this I stripped off the brake and clutch master cylinders - but it was still pretty damn heavy!!: After much struggling - heavy & not a lot of room for manoeuvre I eventually got it roughly into position: The back of the pedal box has bits at different angles and some protruding bolts. This makes it impossible for it to lie flat against the bulkhead - without cutting the opening in the bulkhead first. All a bit chicken and egg! Nevertheless I climbed aboard and tried them for size. After a bit of fettling I got them the best I could without them being fixed to the bulkhead and without a proper seat!! I may still have to bend the pedals across a bit more - I'll have to see when I've fitted the pedals properly.

I took some more measurements - did some more working out - and then marked up the cutout and centreline of fixing bolts on the compartment side of the bulkhead - it's a bit easier to get to from this side!
Now it's time for some courage! First thing I'll do is remove the cutout. I will then be able to offer up the pedal box properly so I can double check before drilling for the fixing bolts.

Fingers crossed for tomorrow then eh?

0 Comments: