Thursday 19 April 2007

Engine Decisions

I've been studying all the bumph sent to me by British American Engines.
I've basically got two choices:

1) 383 stroker 375 bhp & 395 lbft
or
2) 383 stroker 425 bhp and 470lbft

Option 2 is going to be on the limit of budget.
Option 1 is close to my original target of 400 bhp and 400 ftlb.
Option 1 leaves some spare budget for extra shiny bits.

The extra shiny bits have it!! option 1 it is

So the Specs would be:
383 stroker built on a pre 1993 seasoned block (pre 93 to avoid emissions tests!).
375 bhp and 395 ftlb with 9.5:1 compression ratio.
600cfm Edelbrock Performer Carburetor (manual choke - may well remove the choke):
Edelbrock inlet manifold:Custom Ground Camshaft.
Dual Roller Timing Chain
MSD Magnetic Billet Distributor:
MSD6AL Ignition System:
Edelbrock Performer RPM Aluminium Heads:

Hypereutectic Pistons
Eagle Crankshaft
Eagle Rods
Fullreciprocating Balance
Edelbrock Elite Alloy Valve Covers:


Edelbrock Elite Air Filter:

Brushed Aluminium Ignition Guide Rails.

Show Quality Two Pack Paint to Block (colour matched for body colour)

Hi-torque Mini Starter.


And not forgetting a Tremec TKO 600 Gearbox with uprated clutch, flywheel, fork arm, thrust bearing and slave cylinder:

And on my super new build programme I need to order this in the next couple of weeks!

Now where's my replacement track rod ends?

0 Comments: