Wednesday 7 May 2008

Fitting the Body - Day 1

As the radiator could not be moved any further back I decided to take the radiator support frame off and strap the radiator directly - this gives another 1.5 inches clearance. I also dropped the oil cooler down out of the way:

Next the whole lot was moved outside ready for the arrival of the troops:
Placing the body over the chassis went fairly easilly - apart from the radiator frame that I had laid loose on top of the chassis getting in the way. Here's a short video to show how it's done:



Once in place and after a bit of jiggling around it was clear that the mounting holes in the body did not quite line up with the chassis mounts (only a few mm)?? One problem was that if you moved the body to line up one hole... some of the others would move out of alignment.

After re-fitting the radiator and frame I decided that was enough for one evening and I needed to think how best to move the body around with a bit more control.

0 Comments: