Saturday 17 May 2008

Fitting the Body - Day 6 - 12 out of 12 Done!

Fitted the last two fixings in the boot. No pre-drilled holes so I was wondering how to mark them out? In the end I decided to drill a 0.5mm pilot ( with the dremel) from the chassis side next to the mount. From the mark inside the boot measure back to the centre of the mount - 2mm pilot hole then open out. Worked a treat!. The 0.5mm holes have been sealed with silicone. In the first photo you can just make out the 0.5mm hole to the right of the fixing:

You'll remember that I re-located the pressure gauge on the Accusump as I reckoned it would foul the bonnet. This was a smart move..... however one of the bolts on the bonnet hinge fouled the top of the Accusump body!! I spent three hours removing / modifying / refitting the Accusump bracket and now it fits OK Still can't shut the bonnet properly because it fouls on the air cleaner.... need to cut the bonnet scoop hole out!

0 Comments: