Sunday 8 February 2009

Dash Fitted!

Carried on from yesterday by fitting the water temperature sender and fixing the capillaries to the inner wing. It is important to form a couple of loops in a coil between the engine and the body so that engine movement can be accommodated: With everything in place it was time to power up and fire up to check everything functioned OK before fitting the dash: Everything checked out OK so the dash was carefully teased into place - I then removed all the skin off my knuckles doing up the wingnuts on the back to secure it: You can see how the piping rolls over to form a neat edge. Being on a roll I then fitted the stalks and column shroud that I made many months ago: I'm pretty pleased with the end result - really starting to look like a car now!

Only 44 days to go!

0 Comments: