Sunday 26 April 2009

Alignment Check and Joy Ride

Took the Cob down to my local tyre place who have a couple of those swanky John Bean Laser Visual Alignment set ups to check the suspension geometry.

Cambers and Castors were as they should be and the rear toe in was nearly spot on at 3 minutes & 4 minutes N/S and offside respectively. The front toe in for some reason measured 20 minutes total - a tad too much so this was reduced to 3 minutes per side (GD recommended 0-10 minutes total). At the same time the steering wheel was centred - it was half a spline out and was starting to annoy me.

The Wheelbases on each side were checked as were the diagonals and the resultant line of thrust was only 1 minute out. I would have posted a copy of the printout but it blew out of the car on the way home!!

On Sunday I had a visit from Tommy who lives not too far away and is just embarking on a build himself. He came to have a look at the GD and obviously to go for a ride:

Photobucket

By the way... the oil stains are off my mates 1971 VW beetle - the cob hasn't blotted it's copybook yet!

And here's some photo's taken my Tommy's missus - been a bit short on photo's recently:

0 Comments: