Saturday 4 April 2009

The First Driving Experience

So there we are, after 955 days it finally hits the road. Managed the heady total of 34 miles today!

First thoughts?

  • If I don't watch out I'm gonna loose my licence!
  • Even keeping to 3000rpm during running in your speed picks up much quicker than expected.
  • It gets to 100 (on private roads) before you realise it would be possible to.
  • The power delivery is unlike anything I've experienced before - no waiting for the revs to build up..... it just goes.
  • It goes round corners, boy does it go round corners (better than my tin top and that has sports suspension and traction aids) - can't see why you would need to fit a anti-roll bar - very little body roll if any.
  • I thought the steering was heavy to start with but no - it's a nice weighted feeling when turning in that you don't get in your everyday car.
  • New pads and discs on non servo brakes require a bigger gap to be left before you get used to them.
  • It's just downright brutal! - no better way to contribute to global warming.
  • Bear in mind the above and the fact that it is not run in and hasn't had the carb set up properly yet!
  • I'm left feeling slightly shaky in good way and have lost the ability to construct proper sentences and can only do bullet points!

I hope the sun shines tomorrow .........................................

0 Comments: