Sunday 5 April 2009

Steering Wheel Fitted and More Miles

Fitted the steering wheel this morning:

Ho - Hum time for a few test miles! - Indicators cancel perfectly - I can now spend all my paranoia on watching the gauges!!

Time to load up the first passengers today. First of all was my Mother in Law who brought along Ray's ashes. This was very emotional moment for me as I had never really come to terms with the fact that Ray would not be here to see the finished article. I think he enjoyed getting the first ride!

Fiddled with the carb a bit more and managed to cure a slight off-idle stumble. I still have one issue at the minute in that it's not happy going slow!! It is not happy doing 30 in 4th, it likes to be in 3rd. Below 1500 rpm with the throttle just cracked open it's a little lumpy. Out on the road it's fine - it will pick up from idle with just a little bit of throttle with no stumble. I'm not sure if it is just a function of the cam or if its timing or carb related?

Anyways I only encounter it when having to cruise past speed camera's..... maybe I'll just avoid them instead.

Started to increase corner exit speeds today and It still seems pretty sure footed. It is quite a revelation driving a car with such direct controls - the feedback is far greater than any mass produced euro box and gives you much more confidence on knowing exactly what is going on with things. However, always at the back of mind is the fact that 400+ BHP in a light rear wheel drive car is a potential recipe for disaster!

1 Comment:

Andy said...

Great stuff, go steady though, I dont want to read a "today it all went wrong" post!