Tuesday 21 April 2009

More Miles and some Suspension Tweaks

Nice day so went to work in the Cob.... caused a bit of a stir. At least I only managed to set one car alarm off! The return journey to and from work is only 24 miles but somehow when I checked the speedo tonight I had done 80 odd. Mainly due to having to scare a few work colleagues at Lunchtime!

I had noted that the rear suspension had settled a bit so I raised the back another 10mm on the springs which gives nearly 20mm at the wheelarch.

Also when exceeding 80mph the front was starting to get a bit "choppy". I sorted this by going up 2 more clicks on the front dampers. This has also had a positive effect on the handling in general.

The other day I received a calibration kit for the carb, so this weekend I'll have a fiddle and see if I can improve the sub 1400rpm running.

Forecast more sun tomorrow so looks like another good excuse to take it to work.

2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

G'day mate

Paul in Brisbane here.

Just checked back for the first time in a few weeks. the car looks fantastic, well done. Never had any doubts, from the day I first saw those old Jag axles it was obviously gonna be a mammoth task. Nice one, just sorry that I'm not there to catch a lift. Take care and I'll talk to you soon.

STR said...

Thanks Mate,

Yup you've missed out on setting car alarms off in the County Hall car park.... I'm quickly becomming public enemy number 1!

Hope all's well with you and yours and you are settling in down under.

Cheers,

Simon.