Tuesday 6 February 2007

No More Painting!

Well that's that - no more painting now - finished the last remaining corner tonight!

Yesterday I modified the original Jaguar brake pipe brackets - modified is perhaps a strong word as all I did was cut/grind off the unwanted parts of the original dust shields!
Before:

After:

It's been a week since I got my delivery of new / replacement parts and I don't seem to have progressed far? I've actually spent a fair bit of time studying my Jaguar manuals and carrying out other research ready for the re-assembly stage (and checking for missing bits!)

Now that all the cleaning / grinding is finished the next big job is to clean out the garage ready for the arrival of the chassis and the start of the build proper. I phoned GD and my chassis will be ready in 2 or 4 weeks - (the chassis guy wasn't there at the time and they weren't sure which batch mine was in) - I think 4 would be better than 2 as I've got a fair few jobs to do yet and I wouldn't want to get sidetracked with the chassis sitting there!


Oh - and I need to aquire a few more tools also.

0 Comments: