Thursday 15 March 2007

Chassis thoughts

Hmmm - Still thinking about the best way of doing this.

Spoke to Craig at GD. He was suggesting that as you will have to check it in the chassis (and adjust if necessary) anyway - build up the back axle as best you can (You can check total toe-in but not the line of thrust on the axle) - fit it - check - adjust if required. I think he's right. It is probably best to get on with it and check the end result - otherwise I'll be here for weeks thinking about it!

So as the diff is in at the minute - I shall use the chassis brackets and diff brackets to make my best estimate of shims. Build up the back end, fit it and check, and then probably adjust it!!

At least this way I'll be doing something.

For those of you confused about toe in/out thrust etc have a look at:

Wheel Alignment - A Short Course

0 Comments: