Sunday 15 July 2007

Murphy's Law

I am now the proud owner of a replacement set of Rocker Covers, a gearbox bung and a set of engine mounts (but no bolts!!)

However, Murphy's law has struck again as it has been confirmed that my clutch slave bracket appears to be one of a dodgy batch supplied by Repower. Only problem is that Repower are on summer shutdown for a couple of weeks so I'll have to wait for a replacement!

I might do a bit of measuring and see if it will be possible to install the engine and box and swap out the clutch slave bracket in-situ??

The engine and box are now together but the box is still on the hoist as I have not torqued the bolts up as I'm only 99% convinced that the ball spigot is adjusted to the right length.
So looks like I'll be scratching around again for a short while!

0 Comments: