Friday 17 October 2008

Shiny Shiny!!

Day off work today and an early start in the garage - 7:00!! As I mentioned before the plan now is to get the back of the car finished whilst waiting for the windscreen.


So armed with an electric polisher, some Farecla G3 and G10 liquid, buckets, sponges and chamois I set to work. Check out paints4u.com for all your polishing needs with next day delivery. Whilst an electric polisher does make light work of compounding - after a couple of hours it will make your arms ache!

After cleaning down the back end of the car I set about compounding those areas of scratches acquired during construction and the gel coat repairs with G3 liquid. Then the entire rear area was treated to compounding with g10 liquid which is effectively a swirl remover. After a jolly good clean up (clean water only) then a nice thick application of Auto Glym Deep Shine Wax was applied and eventually buffed off by hand.

After 5 hours work (knackered now!) here's the final result:
And just for good measure I polished up the Aston Filler Cap and fitted that:
Somehow I need to change the settings of my camera - photos keep giving the body a pink tinge!

0 Comments: