Tuesday 30 December 2008

More Dashboard

Now, here is where I got a bit carried away....... I trimmed the openings in the leather and then thought I would try a couple of instruments just to see what it looked like...... By the time I'd finished I ended up with this:

And if that wasn't enough.... I went a bit further:

I'm 95% happy with the end results - you will always get some flaws (creases) in a natural material such as leather and there's little you can do about it - other than make a pigs ear of it by keep faffing on. Flash photography doesn't help either, but my expert seamstress Wife reckons its a good job - so that made me happy. I'll need to get some photo's in natural light to do the thing justice.

Off on hols in a couple of days so that will give the leather a couple of weeks to settle. Then I'll fit the edge piping to the dash (I must remember to clean the grubby fingermarks off) and then start to wire it all up (and also connect the mechanical gauges). Then it will be time for one last test of the electrical system (again) before fitting the dash and under-dash covers for the last time (hopefully!)

2 Comments:

Andy said...

Nice one, disappointed that the white fluffy bit didn't make it into the final version though. Can just see it with a white fluffy edging!

STR said...

That's my matching seat and steering wheel covers that
Santa brought!