Sunday 8 March 2009

In the Engine Bay.

Time to finish off the engine bay. I had noticed a slight weep from the rocker cover gaskets a week or so ago and after talking to Jez I came to the conclusion that it was down to poor workmanship on my part!! I could have just nipped them up but I was concerned about the cork not sealing now it had oil past it. New set of Gaskets only cost a fiver so it seemed a no-brainer:This time around I used a smear of Silicone flange gasket to "stick" the gaskets to the covers as they tend to fall off and move around when you are trying to fit the covers.

After doing both Rocker Covers I set about the last remaining task in the engine bay..... cleaning all the dust out of it. Took a few hours and here are some gratuitous engine bay shots - this no doubt will be the cleanest it is ever going to be!!

2 Comments:

Andy said...

Very nice!

STR said...

Why thank you.

Let's see what it is lke in 12 months time! ;)