Sunday 21 June 2009

North East Area Group Meet (June 09)

Well today was the Inaugural Monthly Meet for the Cobra Club North East Area Group. I got there first and began to wonder if I was going to be on my own......However, I was shortly joined by Bob with his AK and Howard with his Unique Autocraft Python.......... and if that wasn't good enough...... then Geoff arrived in his Dax......So there we are.... the largest number of Cobra Replicas in one place in the North East to Date!

The weather was superb, sat outside in the blazing sun eating our Sunday Roasts. As this was the first meet I hadn't organised anything in the way of drive outs as I wasn't sure on turn out. Next Month I'll get a trip out organised.

Interestingly, of the four cars, one was 12 years old, another 15 and the third 20. Two were automatic, 3 had underslungs, 3 had chevy power with the fourth being rover powered.

So that's just over 1000 miles up now..... time to start thinking about rolling road tuning and returning to the mothership for final suspension tweaks. I've tried my best, but it still gets slightly interesting once you are over the ton.... on private roads obviously.

1 Comment:

Andrew C said...

Glad you weren't left there on your own ;o)

Great initial turn out I'd say, and variation of Cobs too.