Monday 16 April 2007

Engine Progress!

Having decided that I was going to cheat and get someone else to build an engine for me (big girls blouse that I am!) I've been making a few enquiries recently. I've settled on British American Engines and was speaking to Ian Briggs today - VERY helpful chap. He agreed that my intention to go for a 383 (stroked 350 chevy) was a good one and he has sent up some engine spec sheets and quotes for me to decide.

Engine delivery will take 5-6 weeks from order which was quicker than I expected so I've got some time in hand yet. They will also supply the Tremec TKO 600 Gearbox that I am after and will also dial in the bell housing and fit the clutch as part of the build.

I just need to decide what extra shiny bits I want?

More news when I've made my mind up.

That's cheered me up after the track rod end fiasco!

0 Comments: