Tuesday 7 August 2007

Headers

Thought it was about time I did something so next job on the list was to fit the exhaust headers.

Encountered a problem right away - I couldn't get them into position??? eventually I discovered that I had to remove the rocker covers in order to get them into place!
So the next step was to lay a small bead of RTV silicone on the header face of the gasket around the ports and bolt holes. I then placed the gasket onto the header, fitted the bolts and tightened up. Easier said than done as there is little room to get a spanner in so it is a bit of a pain only being able to tighten the bolt one flat at a time... but job done in the end.

Repeat for the other side and all done:

Whilst I was in the area - I changed the PCV hose for a length of my new red PSH hose:

Next comes the rest of the exhaust!

0 Comments: