Wednesday 31 October 2007

Preparing for Engine Start - 6

We're up to 6 all ready - I'm not dragging things out honest!

Bit more progress over the last few days. With the aid of a Turkey Baster the oil cooler and all the oil plumbing was filled and all the remaining connections made:

Next comes the interesting bit....... The electrics were connected up to my tin top and the results were:

  1. Tin Top did not catch fire.
  2. Cobra did not catch fire.
  3. No fuses Blew.
  4. Fans worked OK.
  5. Starter worked OK.
  6. 2 x 5 second bursts on the starter saw around 10psi on the oil pressure gauge.

Result...... Just need some fuel now. I had been pondering what to do about a temporary fuel tank - I didn't fancy bunging a pipe in a petrol can - didn't seem too safe?

The solution was to use a portable fuel tank for an outboard motor - 12 quid - vented with built in fuel pick up - bargain:

Anyone fancy a bet on how long 12 litres won't last!!

Remaining tasks are:

  • Connect up fuel run - need a couple more fittings as I've found a better way of routing the fuel to the carb via the regulator - which reminds me I need to chase up where my regulator bracket is.
  • Fit the back boxes - best not to break the neighbours windows!!
  • Flush out and fill the cooling system.
  • err........... and that's it!

1 Comment:

Andy said...

The suspense is killing me!!