Friday 2 November 2007

Engine Start !!

Time to cut the crap...... decided I could do without my regulator bracket so I finished off the fuel run and all was ready for a start: First time: didn't start??? checked and found I only had 5v not 12v going to the 6AL ignition control - redid the wiring

Second Time: Two turns and fired up!!!! Unbelievable sound

I ran it for 20 minutes between 2000 and 2500 rpm to ensure the cam was broken in, no leaks, no overheating, oil pressure 75-80 psi cold and 50-55 psi hot at 2000 rpm.

All that went wrong was that my camera fell over and didn't capture the moment of first start, I burnt my finger and thumb 'cos I wouldn't let go of the throttle, and eventually it ran out of petrol after playing for a while!!

There's a video below of starting after the cam break in run, but the sound isn't the best as the camera was picking up the noise from my diesel tin top that was powering everything and also the twin cooling fans on the GD wich are pretty loud!.

What a day....... Time for a drink!

3 Comments:

Andy said...

Top Job! Sounds great!

Unknown said...

Woohoo! Congrats man. Another milestone passed.

STR said...

Thanks guys - I'll try and get a decent video done with proper sound!!!