Saturday 29 March 2008

Bleeding Brakes!

Fitted the brake pressure hoses to the chassis bulkhead fitting and with some pedal pumping help from my wife the braking system was filled and bled. Rolling the chassis backwards and forwards 6 inches it only takes slight finger pressure to stop it dead. The pedal can only be pushed about 1/4 of it's travel before it becomes immovable. The pedal is not spongy, rather very firm but not hard. The feel of the pedal will improve as the pads are bedded in to the discs.

But most importantly - after sitting for 10 minutes with the pedal pushed as hard as I could manage - I could find no leaks anywhere.

So I can fit the body in the comfort that I won't have to take it off again to tighten leaking unions on either the clutch or brakes.

I'll have to bleed everything again as I'll have to disconnect the pressure hoses to fit the body - but that's no big deal.

Result!

0 Comments: