Wednesday 26 March 2008

Main Body Loom - 2 & Hydraulics

Round 2 with the body loom! After some more contortion, effing and blinding, the relays and fusible link were fitted into place: Flushed with this success I then fitted the fusebox and started to tidy up the loom:

Having been working in the engine bay I thought I might as well fit the fluid reservoirs and washer bottle - I'll be needing the reservoirs shortly to fill, bleed and test the hydraulic circuits:
Continuing with the hydraulic theme the next thing was to sort out the pedal box hoses:Now at first sight you may well think that the reservoir feed hoses should be shorter..... however they need to be long enough to allow the pedal box to adjust to the fully forward position (for my other half). The snag is when the pedals are set fully back there's a bit of slack to take up!! I'll have a look at what can be done to tidy it up later.

I'm quite pleased with this next bit - a bit of forethought that worked. I had always been a bit worried about the brake and clutch circuits leaking when first tested. I didn't want to put the body on - connect everything up - find it leaks - and then have to take the body off to tighten up those inaccessible unions. So the plan had always been to put the body on a trestle that was low enough to allow the pedal box to fitted and connected to the union block on the chassis by routing the hoses straight down (instead of around the inside of the engine bay - the final route when the body is on).

The plan worked: Just need some brake fluid now..... soon I'll find out how many leaks I have!

0 Comments: