Friday 1 August 2008

Keeping Busy.....

Still no progress on the windscreen front....... So I've kept myself busy making a meal of something else!


The fuel filter and pump need boxing in..... The rear loom won't fit between the roll bar leg and wheel arch..... The rear roll bar leg brackets protrude into the boot..... There is a gap between the tank and back of boot..... So I've gone a bit over the top and solved them all:
No that's not a parcel shelf for sub-woofers! It's a false floor to the boot, this will accommodate the loom and the roll bar brackets and their seals (still in development). Another bonus is that after I have cut the holes for the roll bar legs I can use it as a template for cutting neat holes in the boot carpet.
Having the false floor also enables a neat job to be made of boxing in the fuel pump and filter:
The box out will be easily removable - I just haven't decided what sort of fixings to use yet.

The floor section still needs trimming along the front edge of the tank and then the whole lot is going to get three coats of exterior varnish prior to being carpeted (I've ordered carpets and seats etc. - lets hope they don't get here before the windscreen!)

0 Comments: